Purpose of Project:
1. Select 4 sheets of 6 x 6″ colored paper from the stack provided. Cut a square window into a larger sheet of paper so that you can move the colored sheets around and experiment with different designs. Cut, shift, and overlap the elements to produce a collage.
2. Scan this collage into your computer and save it as a 150ppi, RGB, JPG.
3. Create a 6 x 6″ document in Illustrator and place the image in illustrator.
4. Translate the collage into digital layers by using the shape tool and creating new shapes with the pen tool. Each physical layer should be a separate layer in the digital file with the original file in the bottom layer. Lock this layer so it does not move and turn it on and off as necessary. When you are done tracing, turn it off. Remember that the order of your layers determines what comes in front of what. Use rules to line up the alignment of your shapes. Use the colors that are available in the default RGB swatches.
5. Generate 4 new compositions by digitally changing the color, scale, transparency, orientation, and position of the digital layers. You should save a new version of the original file each time and work off of that.