Purpose of Project:
1. Use a digital camera to photograph an outdoor or indoor scene from a variety of angles. Shoot in the largest file size that your camera will allow.
2. Transfer the files to your computer and use Adobe Bridge to choose and organize your best photos. Use Camera Raw to improve the quality. Resave them as 300ppi.
3. Recreate the scene in Photoshop using geometrically-shaped pieces of the photographs. Start with a blank 8 1/2 x 11″, 300 ppi, RGB, PSD file (vertical or horizontal) and cut and paste pieces of your images into this. Be sure you do not replace your original resources as you edit and work on this document.
4. Your final image should be sized to fit into an 8 1/2 x 11” sized file, but cannot actually be 8 1/2 x 11.” Utilize the background in the same way that David Hockney does.
5. The final image must be made up of a minimum of 16 separate images. The final image needs to be 300 ppi, RGB, PSD.